Sinsira Terms of Service Agreement
Preamble & Terms of Agreement
Sinsira.net, Sinsira IRC(and any associated services thereof), and Sinsira Staff heretofore referred to as Sinsira, are focused on providing our users with a safe, comfortable, and legal place in which to converse. The following are Sinsira's Terms of Service (TOS) which are provided in an effort to produce said environment:
When a user connects to Sinsira, the user agrees to follow the terms set forth in this contract. Therefore, violating the rules, heretofore referred to as the TOS, will result in disciplinary action up to, and including termination of the user's privilege of using all Sinsira services. If you do not agree with the TOS disconnect now and do not reconnect.
Communication is an integral part of Sinsira.
You understand that, by using Sinsira, you may be exposed to communications (including in written, verbal, electronic, digital, machine-readable or other form) that you might find objectionable. You understand that any content sent or appearing on Sinsira is the sole responsibility of the individual(s) transmitting such content. This means that you, and not Sinsira, are entirely responsible for all content that you transmit. Under no circumstances will Sinsira or its staff be liable for any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of the access to, downloading, viewing, listening, use of or inability to use any content, including content posted by users.
While using Sinsira, you may not:
- Harass any use with any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sinsira, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;
- Share images of a sexual nature, including but not limited to nude photography and pornography, or any images of a questionable nature without first gaining the channel owner's expressed approval;
- Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros (or using bot commands) with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of chat;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users;
- Send repeated unsolicited or unwelcome personal messages (or PMs) to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a channel, including without limitation continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;
- Communicate or post any user’s personal information in PMs or channels, or on websites or forums related to Sinsira, except that a user may communicate his or her own personal information in a private message directed to a single user;
- Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of Sinsira;
- Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Sinsira, results or may result in an authorized user of Sinsira being "scammed", or defrauded in any way; or
- Impersonate any real person, including without limitation any Sinsira staff member, nor may you communicate on Sinsira in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by any Sinsira staff member.
While using Sinsira, you may not:
- Change your nickname, IP address, realname, or host to, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sinsira, evade another user's application of the ignore feature on their client;
- Use access granted to you by Sinsira, channel staff, or bot owners to, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sinsira, harass, abuse, or deflame another user, channel, or other authorized user of Sinsira;
- Change your nickname, IP address, realname, or host to, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sinsira, evade any ban including without limitation channel bans, server bans, global bans, and Sinsira Web bans;
- Violate the privacy of any user by disclosing any Private Messages, Notices, Logs or snippets from Private Channels, or any other personal or private information of another individual or individuals, including but not limited to, government issued identification numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing or street addresses, vehicle descriptions, physical descriptions, sexual orientation, or other types of personal or contact information;
- Knowingly or carelessly perform an act that will, or could interfere with the normal operations of computers, servers, or processes, including without limitation distributed denial-of-service, direct denial-of-service, flooding, cloning, mass-messaging, or mass-inviting;
- Make unauthorized attempts to circumvent data protection schemes or uncover security holes and vulnerabilities, including creating, sharing, or running programs that are designed to identify holes, vulnerabilities, and/or decrypt intentionally secure data;
- Participate in the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others or participate in the use of software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity;
- Use open proxies, TOR (The Onion Router exit nodes), and other anonymization services, schemes, and/or techniques that have not been explicitly approved by Sinsira.
- Advertise, distribute, or link to software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to capture information, interrupt, destroy, and/or limit the functionality of any computer software and/or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Run programs known as, including but not limited to, spam bots, flood bots, clone bots, leech clients, file servs, dccbots, Trojan bots, or zombies. (Friendly bots are welcome); or
- Use Sinsira to, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems, or attempt to monitor or tamper with another user’s electronic communications.
Use By Minors
You must be at least 13 years old to use Sinsira without parental supervision. IRC may not be suitable for children of any age. Please supervise your child’s IRC session; and
You may not attempt to meet anyone in person if you are under 18 years of age! (It is dangerous to get together with someone you first met online. Remember, you never know if people you first met on-line are who they say they are or are your age. If you want to meet with someone, discuss it with your parents or guardians first, and never go to the meeting by yourself. Arrange to meet in a public place like a coffee shop or mall you are comfortable with. Have your parents or guardians talk with the parents or guardians of the other person. Both of you should bring your parents or guardians along on the first meeting.)
If any conversation makes you uncomfortable tell your parents and a Sinsira Administrator immediately!
You may not use Sinsira for trading or distributing copyrighted content to which you do not possess the rights; and
You may not create a channel for the purpose, or use our network, to distribute, facilitate distribution, or direct link to any content that provides information on how to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protection devices or otherwise infringes anyone else’s intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary rights.
Commercial Use & Advertising
Sinsira strictly prohibits copyright and privacy infringement. If a user is found infringing copyright Sinsira will impose disciplinary action and retain a users details in the event of questioning by authorities. Violations of copyright and privacy includes, but is not limited to distributing Sinsira content, including but not limited to that of Sinsira Web through unauthorized mediums;
It is prohibited to share channel content of secret or private (channel modes +s and +p respectively) channels or those channels with ChanServ’s "Restricted Access" set over any medium, without permission of the channel owner. These mediums include, but are not limited to, the web, other IRC networks and IM networks. Channel owners can reserve all rights to redefine the scope of this rule on a per channel basis and must define their intent in their channel topic to respect every user's right to opt-out;
It is prohibited to run a service which allows two way real time communication between Sinsira users and users who are not directly connected to Sinsira or affiliated networks. This includes but is not limited to bots that relay content between IRC networks;
You may not use Sinsira resources for commercial activity without prior approval of the Sinsira administration. This includes, but is not limited to, the promotion of any business, corporation, non-profit, product, or service, free or otherwise, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation or promotion;
Promotion, soliciting, and/or advertising is strictly prohibited; this includes, but is not limited to, the advertising or promotion of free, pay, personal, commercial, corporate, non-profit, or private web sites, products, programs, other chat programs and/or services, other IRC channels, and/or other IRC networks;
You may not initiate, perpetuate, or in any way participate in any pyramid or other illegal scheme; and
You may not post links for any type of affiliate program with or without referrer IDs without the channel owner’s expressed permission;
Sinsira welcomes bots. Connected bots may not:
- Violate any of the speech rules contained in Section 1;
- Enter a channel without the expressed permission of the channel owner;
- Log channels for 3rd parties without the channel owner’s permission;
- Advertise for 3rd parties without the channel owner’s permission;
- Attempt to send harmful material, such as a virus or Trojan horse; or
- PM or notice another user without that user's permission, or knowingly triggering a command.
Domestic and Foreign Law Accountability
Sinsira has an obligation to uphold the laws of the United States, and all jurisdictions where we are providing service from, and the jurisdictions from which users are connecting. If a user is found violating the law whilst connected to Sinsira the user will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including a ban, followed by reporting the user to their local law enforcement or the FBI if Sinsira can not locate your local law enforcement.
Notice of Action
If you violate any of the Terms of Service, or any rule or regulation on the MOTD of any Sinsira server, or fail to comply with any Sinsira Staff member demand or request you will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to denial of access to Sinsira, legal action, and/or criminal prosecution where applicable.
Denial of access to a particular Sinsira server or the entire network can be made at our Staff’s discretion. Your entire Internet Service Provider may be denied access to the server or network if you successfully evade a ban and your ISP may be notified of your inappropriate behavior and they may suspend or revoke your Internet access completely.
Each server’s staff retains the right to deny access to or use of its server’s resources to any user(s), group, site, or domain, without the benefit of prior warning or notification if they so choose.
Other Legal Stuff
Considering the real-time nature of IRC, it is impossible for Sinsira’s staff and volunteers to review all channels and messages for the validity of information provided in them. Sinsira does not vouch for or warrant the content clarity, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any user’s advice, and is not responsible for it. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Sinsira or any other entity or person(s) associated with the administration of this network.
No responsibility for computer damage, data loss, or any other related damage shall be implied by any Sinsira server administrator or any other entity or person(s) associated with the administration of this network. By using any Sinsira server, you hereby state and agree that you release Sinsira, its servers, administrators, operators, and any other volunteer of Sinsira from all responsibility or legal liability which might result from your use of Sinsira servers. You may not use Sinsira if its use violates any applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right to restrict a user’s access to our servers if their speech does not meet our standards. Sinsira and any other entity or person(s) associated with the administration of this network does not assume any liability if we fail to remove any user, and makes the final determination about whether someone’s speech is objectionable or not. Sinsira does not endorse or oppose opinions expressed by our users.
Sinsira Staff have sole discretion on what constitutes a violation of this agreement.
Sinsira administrators reserve the right to deny access to and use of Sinsira or any of its other resources, including but not limited to nick and/or channel services, message boards, blogs, technical mailing lists, and FTP sites, to any user, group, site, or domain without the benefit of prior warning or notification.
Please remember that you are a guest on Sinsira at all times, and you are expected to conduct yourself accordingly. All rulings by our staff are absolute and final.
Notice of Your Agreement
By using Sinsira, you agree to this Terms of Service Policy. If you do not agree, disconnect from Sinsira and do not connect until you agree.
For further information on anything contained in this document, please /join #Help and ask for a Sinsira Global Operator.